It's official. I have finished something for myself that fits moderately well. I always tell people that I only sew for people who haven't hit puberty yet. I picked up this Simplicity Lisette Portfolio pattern set the other day, and was struck by how much I liked all of the pieces in the collection. Turns out they are all designed by Liesl Gibson who designs the Oliver + S kids patterns. I'm a huge fan of hers.
I was in Arlington about a week later and found this great fabric from Anthology's Mod Charm collection, and setttled down to sew. I decided to make the blouse instead of the dress or tunic first, just so I could get an idea about size. In retrospect, I see that the top length is listed as cropped, which I had to account for by making a bias binding for the hem. I also ripped off the cuffs that I created for the shirt and made a simple rolled-hem cuff. The cuffs would have been cute, but unfortunately I was running out of interfacing, so I used a slightly heavier facing, which ended up making the cuffs feel like shackles. Anyhow, here are the results.
|I think I'll keep it!|