March 19, 2011

The Auction Party Dress

I'm so excited with how this dress came out.  This is my first self-designed dress pattern.  I drafted the shape off a hand-me-down Lily Pulitzer dress that fit Anne in the shoulders really well.  Those of you who know me will realize how ironic it is that I designed my first pattern off a Lily dress. 

Anyway, I had this great fabric sitting around and wanted to try my hand at pin tucks, so voila the Auction Party Dress was born.  It is so named, because Henry's preschool is having an auction this week and I'm auctioning off a custom sewn dress.  I figured that I'd show off a design to go next to the silent auction bid form.  Anne seems to like wearing it which is a major bonus.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Awesome! Sometimes I wish I had little girls to sew for-- I made a little shirt for my Henry (age 2) with pintucks last spring, and I think that's about as old as I can go with the pintucks. Such a cute dress!