May 15, 2011

KCW Spring 2011 - Days 1 and 2

I've decided to take part in the Kid's Clothing Week Challenge put on by elsie marley, which involves spending one hour each day this week sewing for your kids.  I have a huge amount of cute fabric that's built up in my closet, so I figured this might be a good chance to destash a bit.  Since I sew far less for Henry than anyone in the family, I decided that a project from "Celebrate the Boy" month would be a appropriate.  He has a slight Lego addiction, so I thought the Lego Playmat/Storage Bag would be a great fabric buster.  He was so excited this morning when he could close up the bag all by himself (unfortunately, about 100 Legos are still littering the carpet).
   

On day two I whipped out a mini mod skirt for Anne in about 25 minutes.  Not too shabby for a first attempt.  She seems to feel comfortable playing in it, which is key.
unhemmed

Hero's Pose
 

No comments: